Kids Have Stress Too!
Course Number: KHST-14-01
Category: Emotional Well-Being
1 ECE Hour
Author: The Psychology Foundation of Canada
Learning Continuum: Foundation
Kids Have Stress Too! Preschool and Kindergarten Program is a program for educators and caregivers of young children. It was designed by psychologists to explain how children experience stress and provide strategies that children can learn so they can regulate their stress and address the stressors in their lives.
1. Stuart Shanker Foreword to KHST
3. Stress 101: The Physiology of Stress
4. Levels of Stress
5. Why Focus on Stress in the Early Learning Environment?
6. Common Stressors In Children
7. Signs and Symptoms: Recognizing Stress In Children
8. Indicators of Stress In Children
9. Recognizing Stress: Tips For Educators
10. Relationships Build Resiliency
11. Observation Tool
12. KHST Strategie